Friday, May 22, 2009


You take the good with the bad, right? Yesterday was a bad day. Due to my stupidity of wearing shorts and sandals to do chores, I was stepped on by a calf while carrying their grain bucket to the feeder and then attacked by the rooster on the back of my thigh while filling the hen's water. Damn rooster. If he wasn't so handsome and able to cock-a-doodle so idyllically, he'd be toast. Speaking of toast, my twisted neck chicken is no longer of this world. Poor thing. Every death breaks my heart.

One of our mom cats is getting fixed today. 1 down, 2 to go (assuming we are able to give away the 14 female kittens).

This picture makes me smile. This is Maude, a hen we no longer have. She looks like a good listener...like she really cares.

2 comments:

spleen said...

Every time I read about your dangerous encounters, I wish I was there to protect you. Who am I kidding? I would run away screaming and flapping my arms while that rooster attacked you. Sorry.

Great picture of Maude. She looks like she would listen to you, comfort you, and give you a shoulder to cry on.

The Egg Man's Wife said...

Dearest spleen, thank you for the idea of wanting to protect me...though your efforts to do so may be less than heroic.